It looks like I’ve arranged to purchase a freshened Nigerian doe in the Spring pending what is kidded. If they all throw bucks, then I’m out of luck. It’s the same person I currently buy my milk from and from whom I bought the turkeys. She hasn’t steered me wrong yet, so I’m hopeful I’ll get a nice healthy doe. Looks like I’m branching out the goat area. 🙂
We are seriously considering adding at least one Jacob sheep as well. I was going to wait until we got more land, but they’re really not much bigger than the Obers. My psychiatric appointment will be made soon.