Road Block

The name I’ve used for years for farm and now herbal stuff has been rejected by the state on a LLC filing. There is a group named Seasons of Change, Inc. and they say it is too close to Seasons of Change LLC. I just read the letter, and if I’m reading this right, any name with Seasons of Change in it is not viable. Not quite sure what to do. Everything has this name on it: hats, FB pages, blogs, etc. It took forever to pick a name to begin with. I could keep it and file under something else, change the name completely (new place, new name), or …something. ┬áThinking through my options.



The Ball is Rolling

My Certified Naturally Grown application has been turned in and awaiting approval. My inspection is tentatively scheduled pending my new job’s work schedule (hello farm store discount!).

Sunflower, squash, tomato, and pea seeds have sprouted. Too bad I didn’t get the wood for the beds yet. Yikes. Not sure what I was thinking other than I can’t wait to get the plants going.

Anne’s possible birth window opens soon (previous owner didn’t keep track). The lamb will be retained. We still have to get a raptor-proof lambing jug up.

Chicken and turkey coop building will be right after so I can order chickens and turkeys. I’m not sure if we’ll stick with Bourbons. I may check the Livestock Conservancy and go with an endangered breed.

I’m looking at new marketing materials since most of mine were created for Maine.

Getting a storm shelter is high on the list after we had to sit through 30 pmh sustained winds with tornado watches a week ago.

We’re getting the ball rolling.

Oh yeah, and we actually have a domain now.

Boost Post